10.04.2010

What does a good nights sleep even feel like?

I have forgotten!! What does a good, solid night sleep feel like?
This is really the only bad/hard thing that my pregnancy is giving me right now. Yes, I did have morning sickness for the first 4 months but that's over and done with and I feel fantastic with the exception that I CAN NOT GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!! And unfortunately, neither can my husband because he gets woken up by my tossing and turning.

I have always been a back sleeper. So it's been a bit of an adjustment switching to sleeping on my side. I have tried a couple different things like putting a pillow between my legs to help with the comfort. And putting a pillow under one hip so that I'm not flat on my back and not completely on my side, just tilted enough to let the blood flow freely. Both work for an hour or 2 but then I get uncomfortable and need to change positions (this is when I wake up Christopher) which means that neither of us are getting a solid 6-8 hours in a row of sleep. I would LOVE to get one of these...

A full body maternity pillow, like the one featured in the movie The Backup Plan. But simply don't want to spend the money on one. Maybe it's worth it... I don't know. If you have used one during pregnancy and you think it IS worth it... PLEASE let me know!! Or if you have any advice on what more I can try to get a good nights sleep... I am all ears! Haha and Christopher would definitely appreciate it too!

Other than this little annoyance, this pregnancy has been so fun and exciting! Every little movement is so exciting! I haven't felt any big kicks or punches yet but I'm sure those will come shortly! My husband and I were talking the other day and just agreeing on what an incredible blessing this little guy is in our lives! We can not wait to meet him and discover his personality, who he's going to look more like, and who he's going to be! Just one more thing to be thankful to our Heavenly Father for in this life.

21 weeks and counting! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey! This is your cousin Tiffany! I didn't know you had a blog until today! Or, maybe I did and just forgot...so I just caught myself up on your posts! You are so cute!
    I am also a back sleeper, so I had the same problem adjusting to sleeping on my side. Unfortunately I don't have any good advice for you, I just slept terrible for the last few months of pregnancy. :( I never got one of those pillows though, maybe that is the key??
    If you didn't know, I have a blog too. I'm terrible about keeping it up to date, but I am going to try to get going on it again. Check it out sometime tiffanyastle.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby boy!! I am so excited for you guys! When are you coming to visit AZ again? YOu better give me a call...i still got the same number from idaho!!
    I have to sleep with a body pillow EVERY night of my life. If I go on vacation it always comes with me. But i have never heard of the maternity one...i say you get it and let me know how it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maegan! (Megan Wiley Ciampa here) I used a body pillow that I got at Target that was a less a savvy version of the pillow you are showing up there. It helped but I totally understand what you mean! I would put the body pillow inbetween my legs and kind of hug it, and then put a little pillow (from our couch) right behind my back for a little support on the other side. There was always a lot of rearranging. One friend said her doctor said that even if you slept on your back for a little bit, you'd eventually wake up and rearrange yourself--kind of as a sign that you need to move around a bit and let the blood circulate. So, even if you catch yourself sleeping on your back every now and then, it's okay as long as you keep moving around some!

    Congrats on the boy, by the way. You look wonderful and I'm sure you'll be a great mama! I love reading other people's stories. It is SUCH a journey but so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your post brings back floods of memories from my pregnancies. Sleeping at night is sooo difficult when you're pregnant especially when you're not used to sleeping on your left side. You get so sore the bigger you get too and I feel like it hurts to much to always sleep on the same side. You sure look cute. It's fun to see your little bump growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maeg- I too, preferred sleeping on my back pre-pregnancy. Jared got me the full pillow you pictured and I returned it, it DID NOT work for me at all. I ended up getting a boppy kidney shaped pregnancy pillow and so far so good. Hope to see you next weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone in your family good at sewing - maybe someone could make one for you?! My mom got me the Snoogle (the pillow you pictured) and I found it too bulky to have in bed with me. I found using smaller pillows between my legs and to hold in my arms worked the best. I've also heard some women say they slept the best in a recliner or even sitting up in a chair! Around 22 weeks was when I started feeling some small kicks here and there. It's so fun! And even though the kicks and hiccups are annoying later in pregnancy, I just like knowing that the baby is moving around and doing well in there!

    Love reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete