10.06.2010

late nights can equal precious moments

So last night after Christopher and I had gotten ready for and were lying in bed something intoxicating happened. I felt our little ninja kick me for the first time! It was one of those life changing moments that we will NEVER forget! Chris was on his laptop and I was reading next to him when I felt it. The little monkey nudged my hand with his foot or hand and it was ever so tiny but I felt it! I told Chris that i thought the baby had just kicked me but that I wasn't sure and we both just kept on doing what we were doing. Then it happened again and I got more excited!!! I told Chris and he stopped what he was doing to try and feel it. He put his hand in the spot I told him I had felt it. I started poking around to see if I could get him to do it again and HE DID!! Hahaha Chris and I both started laughing and it was so amazing!!! Literally for an hour more we just sat there feeling him kick and nudge me like crazy! Haha I guess he didn't realize that it was sleepy time but I'm SO glad he thought it was play time because it was the biggest blessing to feel him dancin around in there! I have been getting so paranoid that I wasn't feeling him move enough and that something might be wrong... then the Lord blessed us with this wonderful hour of joy that left me with the most comforting feeling that he was growing and healthy like the doctor always tells me. I just need to trust in that.
I'm so thankful for these incredible moments of pure joy! I love my husband and am so excited to be expanding our family with the little boy. I can not wait to meet him... see his cute little face... and find out who he is and the personality he has. Haha Christopher and I do agree on one thing though... with a pair of crazies like us for parents, he is going to be a handful but incredibly fun! :)

More prego pics to come!

1 comment:

  1. That really is the best feeling ever. I loved having my little buddy give me high fives from inside. By the way congrats on the boy! Little boys are so much fun. We have LOVED being parents. You and Chris will be amazing parents. Enjoy every little movement your baby makes!

    ReplyDelete