12.09.2009

Blogging newby!

Ok, so I finally decided to join the world of blogging! I've always viewed it as a world full of married people and now I'M MARRIED! :)
So my first post is going to be a little info on my life as it is right now. Like I said previously I got married on May 14, 2009. My husband is Christopher Alme, the love of my forever! He is a 3rd year law student at the U of Minnesota, is 6'6" (yeyaa!), and an INCREDIBLE man!
We are living in Minnesota while he finishes his last year of school then... who knows!! We'll go where the job takes us!

We have 2 dogs:
Dallas, the Boxer-mixSienna, the Newfoundland
We spent our first summer as a married couple in Arizona where Chris had an internship and we definitely had A LOT of good times! We took a few trips and even hit up SeaWorld in San Diego! We also had an adventure at the Phoenix Zoo, the Grand Canyon, South Rim, and Wet Beaver Creek with our good friends Ryan, Abby, and Riley Kacher! Over-all it was a fun filled summer in the blistering heat!
When the summer ended and it was almost time for school to begin we made the move to good ol' Minnesota! And here we'll stay for who knows how long!
Halloween!! Haha Christopher and I had the hardest time coming up with costumes on such a little budget but we finally decided on something...Haha he was an Almond Joy and I was a Mounds Bar. Haha, next year we'll do better and be better prepared!
Thanksgiving was spent up north at the Alme Cabin and also with my mother-in-laws side of the family! It sits right on Paul Lake, which is right next to Perham, which is about 3 hours NW of the twin cities. Here is a picture I took up there one morning... absolutely breathtaking!There was a fog covering the lake and the sun was rising and breaking through the fog. Amazing! Now we are getting ready for Christmas and it is going to be so fun! This year we are with Christopher's side of the family and staying here in Minnesota. I am kinda torn to tell you the truth because this is going to be my first Christmas with my husband!! :) But also my first Christmas away from my family. :( My in-laws ARE truly amazing though and we will have a blast! AND I am super excited about having a white Christmas again though! I LOVE THE SNOW!!! It has been snowing here for the past couple days non stop and it's AWESOME!!! Waking up to a world blanketed in white is such a beautiful thing! It's right up there with an incredible sunrise, sunset, and wild sunflowers along the road in the summertime.
Well, that's all for now. I hope that kinda catches people up on me and Christopher and our adventures up till now.
Let's see if I can make this blogging thing a habit!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment