8.31.2012

Hurricane Hudson strikes again!!

WOW!!! Wow wow wow WOW wow WOW!! I know there are people in the world that are experiencing an ACTUAL hurricane at this time but boy am I dealing with one in my own way too! Words can not describe the whirl-wind of emotions that swirled through my body one morning a few days ago when Hudson decided to play a "trick" (we'll call it) on mommy. The morning had started a usual... I had gotten Hudson out of bed, immediately changed his over-filled diaper, and was in his room making his bed. Christopher was still in our bed cooing with Jaxon. I try very hard to remember to shut all of our bathroom doors when we are not using them because that is Hudson's favorite "off limits when mommy or daddy isn't in here with you" room to play in. This morning... I slipped and must have left the door to our upstairs bathroom open. Then... I hear the toilet flush... normally I wouldn't freak out. I would just go in, tell Hudson that toilets are not toys, and remove him from the bathroom. But a few days ago he put a magazine in our downstairs toilet and tried to flush it so my paranoia is now high when it comes to Hudson, the toilet, and ANYTHING in the surrounding area of it. SO, when I heard him flush the toilet this time my thoughts immediately turned to my earrings and WEDDING RING sitting on counter next to the toilet in our bathroom. RUNNING to the bathroom thinking no no no NO NO NO, I found Hudson standing next to the toilet, toilet almost done flushing, and my rings and earrings... GONE! Tears INSTANTLY welled up in my eyes. I turned to Hudson and asked if he flushed mommies jewelry. He started to giggle, because it's a game OF COURSE! And as he turned to try to run from me I caught a glimpse of something glimmering in his mouth. I snatched him up and gave him the command he is all too used to hearing "spit it out please"! He opened his mouth and out plopped my earrings, left hand ring, and ... my wedding ring. A wave of relief instantly ran though me. Haha I still couldn't stop the tears from coming though. And in the same instant I was asking Hud to spit out whatever it was into my hand I heard Christopher laughing in the bedroom. I walked into the room with Hudson and relayed the story to Christopher as if he hadn't just heard everything that happened. He continued to chuckle, "It's NOT funny", was my reply! I then started laughing tears STILL streaming down my face!
WOW!
Last night as we were in our bathroom getting ready for bed, Christopher, with toothbrush in his mouth, pointed to my rings and earrings sitting in their usual spot on the counter and gave me a look that said "have you learned nothing?"! I quickly moved them to a higher, hopefully out of reach spot.

2 comments:

  1. Maegan!!! I love you and this story. I would have had the same reaction. Thanks to you, I am moving everything near the toilet to higher ground. Why do little boys love the toilet so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know how I felt when Kendel flushed my ring. Well at least I got a great replacement.

    ReplyDelete